Sunday, January 12, 2014

Flip and sew table runner

I took a workshop with Jacquie  Gering (Tallgrass Prairie Studio) through my guild, the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild.  Jacquie had a great trunk show and we were all in awe!  She has only been quilting for about five years but she has quite a wonderful body of work.  The quilts are fresh and colorful and a little edgy. 


 Jacquie was wonderful to work with.  The workshop was a lot of fun-everyone did different projects under her direction and a good time was had by all.  


I made mine in all black and whites with pops of red.  My daughter had requested a new table runner and this was my chance to get something done!  I got most of the squares pieced, laid out, and sewn into rows.  I finished setting the top and began quilting it at another guild sewing day. 
I quilted it with black thread in a loopy meander.  It is a little bit hard to see when you match the thread to the quilt so closely.  I guess that way no one can see my mistakes.   I got the binding on the day after Christmas.  I had some squares left over so I made her some matching coasters.






back- text fabric from Joann's with a few leftover squares pieced in.


Coasters!

I'm linking up to: