Monday, October 22, 2012

Vrrrooom! Vrrrooommmm! Blogger's Quilt Festival

Amy's Creative Side


I decided to enter this quilt in Amy's Blogger's Quilt Festival.  So many gorgeous quilts!
This quilt is my favorite so far this year.

We had a shower for my oldest daughter last Saturday.  She had friends from her childhood and friends from her adult soccer team.  All three of her bridesmaids were here.  She received many, many lovely gifts for her baby boy to be!
Her friend Renee made some incredible food and took care of most of the details.  We cleaned the house and picked up the cupcakes and drinks.  


The main thing I had to do, of course, was make the baby his quilt.  I decided on a car mat quilt, inspired by this the car mats we use with the Kindergarteners in the blocks.  I added some rainbow houses, a lake with fish and roads with curves.




 I had fun quilting all different patterns in the different sections.  I tried pebbling in the lake but it turned out more like fish scales or waves!  It was fun imagining my grandson playing on the quilt as he gets a little older.

 Surprise!  The other side is for my daughter.  She is decorating the nursery in blue and gray.  She likes modern, geometric designs.  So I made my first chevron quilt on the reverse.  It is hard to really say which is the front and which is the back!



 You can see the quilting was definitely on the house and road side!

 All washed up and snuggly.

Can't wait to meet the baby (he is due at the end of November so we have a little while to wait!)

Blogger's Quilt Festival Information

*Quilt Measurements; 60" by 60"
*Special Techniques used, if any: Improv, curves, chevron
*Quilted by…Me!
*Best category – Baby quilt! Scrap quilt
Amy's Creative Side




Fresh Poppy Design