Saturday, October 27, 2012

Happy Anniversary, Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild!

Our guild is officially two years old.  We had a challenge to use the Alexander Henry umbrella fabric in a 16" pillow (to swap or not-your choice). 

 I couldn't make it to the sew-in/meeting this month because I had a very important birthday party to attend (my adorable granddaughter turned 2!).  My pillow was a little closer to an 18" pillow.  I paper pieced the NY Beauty block and then I quilted the front and the back.  It  finishes with an envelope closure and I put binding all the way around.  Someday I would like to learn how to do piping.



My attempt at paisley a la Leah Day.  It improved by the end.

Back of pillow- I quilted little twirls all over. Also added some binding to the envelope edge.

Pop!


I decided to keep it.   :)


I am joining up at: