Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Gifts for my sisters!

I finally sent out the presents for my sisters this week.  I have three sisters and I sent each of them a small quilt.  The first one was made as part of the Modern Quilt Guild challenge using Jay  McCarroll Habitat line fabrics.



I used a block I found on.  It was fun to put together.  I used a light grey for the background and a dark grey for the border.  I pieced random scraps together for the binding.







I quilted it using a branching design from A Few Scraps.  I am trying to experiment a little with my FMQ.  I love how the variegated 
 thread looks.




I think I have used up all of this grey polka dot.  I am on the lookout for a suitable replacement.


Here's the back  :)




I will show you the other two sister quilts soon!



Photobucket