Monday, April 9, 2012

One Little Word (Four months later)



My guild (Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild) participated in the One Little Word Challenge in January.  The idea was to choose a word to inspire you for the year and make a quilt that you can look at and be inspired all year.  The other members of my guild made quilts ranging in size from a mug rug to a twin size quilt.  They were all great!  Click the link above to see them!




 I picked the word "Grow."  I want to grow as a quilter and as a person this year.  I tried to use some of my new skills in this little wall quilt.  I made some wonky free pieced letters, some raw edge applique leaves, and quilted FMQ, echo quilting, a spiral, some straight quilting and some wavy line quilting.  I used a variety of solids to bind it (just finished it!... I did everything except the binding back in January!)







 Here it is hanging across from my sewing machine in my new little sewing room!  (I stapled it up this morning! hehe).



Photobucket
I am linking up to:




Sew Happy Geek
Photobucket
Sew Chatty
Fresh Poppy Design