Friday, February 18, 2011

Free Pieced Potholders

I went a little crazy and made a ton of these.  I love piecing with my scraps of bright fabrics, especially the polka dots!  I used a layer of regular batting and a layer of Insulbrite so they are usable.  I gave some away for Christmas and I still have a few waiting to be gifted.  I enjoyed practicing free motion quilting on such small projects.  Lots of fun!

I am linking up to Sarah's Whoop Whoop! Party at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. Click over to see what everyone is doing.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Laura! These are awesome potholders - so bright and cheerful!! I use potholders and mug rugs to teach quilting technique to my new quilters - they're just little quilts, after all! Yours are just lovely! Whoop Whoop! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop-whoop! Those are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so wonderful! Where do you get insulbrite? I would love to make some potholders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love free piecing, but it really goes against my basic nature. But NOOOO pressure to make it look a certain way. LOVE it! Sew On!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!