Monday, April 5, 2010

My Latest Wall Quilt


I went to my local quilt shop and wandered around for an hour lusting after the gorgeous fabric. Seminole Sampler has all kinds of beautiful selections. I fell in love with the Folklorica by Julie Paschkis for In the Beginning. I bought some fat quarters and this week I put them all together in a quick top. It is very intense! I am thinking I will put a white or cream border next.






















First, I cut out 3 1/2 inch squares and sewed them together randomly into groups of three.

Next, I attached each group of three to another rectangle, 6 1/2 by 9 1/2.
























I arranged the resulting squares on the floor until I liked the arrangement. I am guilty of rarely pinning anything. I sewed the squares into rows and then attached the rows.
























I like it so far!